Health and diet go hand in hand. Incorporating new and healthy foods in your diet can be a fun and exciting adventure for you and your body. Here are 3 recipes that include important foods and nutrients that are beneficial for pulmonary fibrosis patients.
Fatty fish such as salmon and tuna are high in Omega-3s.
- 4 salmon fillets, about 5 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Basil
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Parsley
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 6 chopped green olives
- 1 medium to large tomato, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 medium English cucumber, diced
- 3 sprigs fresh dill
- Combine Basil, lemon juice, Granulated Garlic and Dried Parsley in a small bowl.
- Place salmon pieces in a shallow dish.
- Spray fillets with cooking spray sprinkle with Black Pepper.
- Spoon lemon/spice marinade over salmon.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 30 mins but for no more than one hour.
- Pre-heat grill to high.
- In a medium bowl, combine green olives, tomato, red onion, cucumber, and dill.
- Stir to combine and set aside.
- With the fillets herb side down place on high heat grill.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until the edges turn white.
- Carefully turn fillets over and place aluminum foil over the fish.
- Move fish to a cooler spot on the grill or turn down the heat.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until the thermometer reads 145 F, the fish should be opaque.
- Top each piece of salmon with the tomato mixture, serve.
Blueberries and Açaí are full of antioxidants and are great for your immune system.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup fresh apple, chopped
- 1-ounce packet unsweetened frozen açaí
- Handful of fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
Combine all ingredients in a blender.
Green tea and carrots contain many antioxidants that may help reduce inflammation in the lungs.
- 1 large carrot
- 1 green apple
- ½ cup baby spinach
- ½ cup kale
- ½ cup strawberries
- 1 cup cold green tea
- 1 knob ginger
Process ingredients in a juicer/blender