Are you struggling with the cold climate this winter? As seen in our FAQs, many people with PF are sensitive to temperature changes. Their muscles may ache, their symptoms may worsen, and their environment might become even more challenging to navigate.
Even if you live in a warmer climate, you might still struggle in the winter for a variety of reasons. If you’re already struggling with the changes this season, reach out to our community and sign up for support group.
No matter where you’re located, you can join us virtually from February 13th-19th to learn all about lung health and resilience in the wintertime. Save the dates and and follow our Facebook page to be the first to know about all new educational content.
Here are the topics you’ll learn about:
- Day 1: Lung health in the winter, including tips for managing PF symptoms
- Day 2: Flu Shots for PF patients, with facts and recommendations from the CDC
- Day 3: Mental health in the winter, including information on Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Day 4: Natural therapies to try in the winter, with ways to relieve anxiety and stress from the safety and comfort of home
- Day 5: Meditations for the winter, including inspiring ways to connect with your inner resilience
- Day 6: Heart health in the winter, with ways to recognize and prevent heart attacks
- Day 7: Preparing for emergencies, including tips for surviving and thriving during power outages and winter storms
Are there any additional topics you’d like to learn about during Special Education Week? Please comment below and we’ll be in touch!